Kristo Orthodontic Specialists recognizes that situations may occur that cause discomfort with your metal braces, ceramic braces, Invisalign, or other orthodontic appliances.
Remember that your teeth can be very tender for about a week after the initial placement of the orthodontic appliances and also after each adjustment. Some orthodontic inconveniences are normal. Many times repairs can be put off until your next regular appointment. Of course, we are here to serve you and encourage you to call anytime you have a question concerning your treatment.
When to call our office
- You may contact our office at (715) 835-5182. We are open 8:00am-5:00pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, and 8:00am-6:00pm on Wednesday to take your calls.
- If you have a loose band, bracket, or broken wires on your metal braces or ceramic braces
- Experience issues with your Invisalign treatment.
- When something is causing sharp pain and you cannot get relief with wax or non-prescription pain relievers please contact the office and schedule an appointment to have the problem checked.
- If you lose or break your retainers please call the office ASAP to schedule an appointment for new retainers. These types of appointments are only available during regular business hours.
- If you lose or run out of rubber bands or wax, call the office and arrange to have some mailed to you, or you can call and arrange to come by one of the offices to pick some up. NOTE: Wax is also available at most pharmacies such as Walgreens or CVS. In a pinch, a piece of sugar-free chewing gum can be a temporary aid in place of wax!
In case of an emergency after-hours, call our After Hours Orthodontic Assistant at (715) 828-0206, Monday-Friday 5:00pm-9:00pm and Saturday or Sunday 8:00am-9:00pm. Leave a message clearly stating your name/patients name, give a brief description of the emergency, and give your contact information. The After Hours Orthodontic Assistant will return your call as soon as possible.